Running Shell Scripts With Crontab
Crontab allows you to clock and run your own Unix shell scripts automatically. It is available only in Unix-based plans and requires the knowledge of Unix shell commands.
To enable crontab jobs:
- Select FTP User in the FTP menu.
- Enable Crontab.
- Agree with charges, if any.
- Click the Edit icon for Crontab.
- On the page that appears, add the crontab job.
- Commands are executed by cron when the minute, hour, day and month fields match the current time, and when at least one of the two day fields (day of month, or day of week) match the current time. If you want to set any minute, hour, day, enter * symbol.
- In the Command box write a command to be executed by cron, i.e. path relative to your root home directory.
- The Mail-To address is where the system will direct reports if errors occur.
To delete a job, check the box in the Delete section and click Submit Query.