Creating New DSN Record
To create a new DSN Record:
- Select ODBC Service in the ODBC menu, and the list of available ODBC drivers will show.
- Click the Add icon next to the database driver you need.
- Fill the form that appears. Forms are different depending on the DSN type:
- Enter the second part of your full DSN name in the DSN field. The first part of your full DSN name is your Windows login. In the applications/scripts you run on your server, you must use the full DSN name, e.g. testvi0-mydatabase as in the below example.
- Directories and file names must include paths relative to your home dir root, (the SourceDB field should include the name of the database and the extension).
- Create CF MX DSN record - check this box to have system DSN records registered in ColdFusion MX. Once you have created the DSN record, you will need to wait till the next morning until ColdFusion server is restarted.
- Click Create.