Changing Hosting Platform
Parallels H-Sphere with the integrated
hostingPlatformChanger system package adds a possibility to change a hosting platform by switching to a plan of a different nature (Windows or Unix).
The platform change process with the help of
hostingPlatformChanger package involves:
- Changing a user's hosting plan
- Changing domain IPs
- Removing incompatible resources (currently, all resources listed on the Web Options page). You will be warned of it during the plan change.
- Manual transfer of a user's content.
To initiate the platform change process:
- Go to Account > Change Hosting Platform. On the page that appears, from the drop-down box choose the plan you want to switch to.
- You will be prompted to a Billing Statement that lists the information about prices on new resources and refunds for the incompatible resources. Click Submit to continue.
Upon completion of the procedure, a platform change request will be sent to your Parallels H-Sphere administrator. When it is approved, the necessary resources will be recreated, incompatible resources removed, DNS and IP changed.
- When you receive the e-mail informing that your hosting platform is ready to be used, enable necessary resources and transfer user home directory content.