Custom DNS records are required to manage non-HSphere servers with Parallels H-Sphere DNS zone or to configure new logical servers that are added manually.
Depending on the service, you can add:
- A records
- MX records
- CNAME records
To add new custom DNS records:
- In your admin control panel go to the E.Manager menu -> DNS Manager. The following page shows:
- Click the Edit icon near the chosen DNS zone. A page similar to this will appear:
- At the bottom of the page that shows, select a DNS record from the drop-down list and click the Go button.
- On the form that shows enter all necessary data and click Submit to save.
You can add one of the following types of DNS records:
- A records to map domain names and web server IP's.
- MX records to map domain names and their mail server IP's.
- CNAME records to map aliases with domain names.