Moderating User Signups
Newly registered accounts do not get activated immediately. Some of them need to be activated manually by admin. This procedure is called account moderation. This document explains how to moderate signed up users, activate their accounts from the admin control panel and more.
The following signups are moderated:
- Check payment signups regardless of Signup Guard or any other settings
- Web payment signups: WorldPay, PayPal, 2CheckOut, and GestPay networks depending on the Signup Guard settings
- Credit card payment signups are moderated when Moderated CC Signup is enabled in Settings -> Payment Settings -> Merchant Gateway. If it is disabled, account moderation is based on the Signup Guard rules
- Failed signups that returned errors:
- Signups that experienced Parallels H-Sphere system errors. Such accounts will be placed into the regular Moderated Signup section, so you can activate the account after the problem is fixed.
- Credit card signups that experienced errors with processing centers. Such accounts are placed into the "Signups failed for unknown reason" section in the Moderated Signup submenu.
To see the error log, go to Reports -> Charge Log and from the drop-down box choose Failed transaction result.
- Signups that failed due to other technical problems
- Trial signups are moderated if Signup Guard in the Settings menu is configured to put trial signups on moderation
Even if a signup fails, the user is still allowed to complete the registration procedure. The potential customer is notified of the temporary problems and the signup request lands in the moderate section.
In case of moderation, account owners receive two email notifications:
- the first one is sent at signup completion and states that account will soon be activated.
- the second one is sent upon activation stating that the account has been registered and can be accessed by the user.
Activating Or Rejecting Signups
To activate or reject activation of an account:
- Select Moderate in the Signup menu. The list of accounts awaiting moderation shows.
- Click the name of the account and check customer details in the signup info thoroughly.
- Scroll down to the Moderation actions section and click Create or Delete at the bottom of the page:
If you delete an account, it can't be restored. In some cases accounts won't activate even after clicking Create and system will show the reason why it happened.
Changing Details of Moderated Accounts
When an account gets to the Moderate signup section, you can change details of an account before it gets created, including:
- Contact Info: click the Edit button in the Contact Info section.
- Billing Info: click the Edit button in the Billing Info section.
- Domain name: click the Edit button in the Other Signup Information section.
- Control Panel Password: click the Change button in the Other Signup Information section.
- Hosting plan within its compatibility group:
- Scroll down to the Plan name and billing period section.
- Click the Edit icon next to the plan name and the following page shows:
- Chose a new plan from a drop-down box and click Save.
- On the page that appears, chose a new billing period for this plan and click Save.
- Make sure to click Save to save changes.
Moderated Credit Card Signup
When the attempts to use stolen credit cards become frequent, the online processing center may close or suspend your account. To prevent this, you can switch to the moderated credit card signup mode and manually check each credit card, including its authenticity, address info, and other details, before allowing to create the account and charging the registration fee.
To enable moderated credit card signup, select Merchant Gateway in the Settings -> Payment Settings menu. On the page that appears, switch on Moderated CC signup: