Adding Instant Alias Templates
To add instant alias:
- Select DNS Manager in the E.Manager menu.
- Click the EDIT icon to go to the DNS zone management page. The following page appears:
- To add an instant alias template, click the Add instant alias link. This will open the following form to fill out:
- Prefix: instant alias prefix that will appear on the left to the domain part in user's instant domain alias. Different prefixes should be set if you use different shared IP tags. Other than that, it is recommended to use one and the same prefix (e.g. u for all instant alias templates).
- Shared IP tag: a digital "mark" that helps separate sites within one plan on one logical server. All sites located on the same logical host under the same plan are usually assigned to the same shared IP. This feature allows to give a different shared IP to a group of sites of, say, explicit nature. This may become necessary as many corporate firewalls filter sites based on their IP, not the domain name.
Normally, you are expected to have devoted one IP address for each shared IP tag. To use a shared IP tag, you need to have it defined for every logical host.
Numbers 10 to 99 are acceptable. The default value of 2 is assigned when the field is submitted being empty.
- Click Submit. You will be taken back to the list of instant aliases with the new instant alias template added to the list.
Please send us your feedback on this help page.