Acquiring a Permanent Certificate
To acquire a permanent certificate:
- Generate a temporary SSL certificate.
- Copy the certificate signing request (CSR) and private key for later use.
- Go to Comodo CA or any other Certificate Authority and choose to get a new certificate. When requested, enter the signing request that you have saved.
Important: When obtaining SSL certificate, make sure it is generated for Apache regardless of whether you intend to install it on windows or Unix box.
- After the permanent SSL Certificate has been generated, save it to a secure location.
- Select Domain info in the Domain Settings menu.
- Go to the Web Service page and click the Edit icon in the SSL field.
- Enter the certificate into the upper box of the form that opens (Install Certificate based on previously generated Certificate request):
- Enter your certificate:
- Certificate Authority File
- Certificate Chain File (for Unix accounts only, Windows does not support Chain Certificates).
- Click Install.
- Now you can use the certificate jointly with the private key you have saved.