Renewing Permanent Certificates
If your certificate is about to expire, renew it:
- Find the certificate signing request (CSR) that you saved when acquiring the old certificate.
- Go to your certificate authority and choose to renew the certificate. When requested, enter the CSR.
- After the permanent SSL Certificate has been generated, save it to a secure location.
- Select Domain info in the Domain Settings menu.
- Go to the Web Service page and click the Edit icon next to the SSL Support.
- Enter the corresponding certificate into the box of the form that opens:
- Click Upload.
- Now you can use the certificate jointly with the private key you have saved.
Note: The Different key and certificate error may show up during the renewal. It means that your private key on the server does not match the certificate. This is probably because private key or CSR (certificate submission request) was re-generated after you ordered certificate. Take CSR and get replacement certificate (InstantSSL has free re-issuance).