Configuring Outlook Express With SMTP Auth Relay
If your mail server uses SMTP AUTH, you must configure your Outlook Express to send a login and password not only when you receive mail, but also when you send it. Ask your provider which relay the server uses.
You can set SMTP Auth relay right after your email account is created.
To configure this email client with the SMTP Auth relay:
- Select Accounts from the Tools drop-down menu in the menu bar.
- On the Internet Accounts window, select the newly created mail account and click Properties to edit the email settings.
- On the Properties page, choose the Servers tab and check My server requires authentication box:
- Click Settings on the right. Outgoing Mail Server window will show.
Here you can:
- use the same settings as incoming server;
- enter account name and input another password for outgoing email.
- check Remember password if you don't want to enter password each time you send out email.
- Click OK.
- Back on the Properties page, click Apply and OK to save settings and then close all dialog boxes.
Now that Outlook Express is configured, you can send and receive email.